Safety Protocols As We Reopen
Dear Valued Patients,
As of 5/18/2020, the governor has opened up routine eye exams for clinics who are continuing to follow important safety protocols, like Marysville Vision Source. While we were hoping to relax some of the restrictions, they are not permitted at this time for the safety of all patients and staff. As a health clinic, we are under strict guidelines in order to re-open and provide patient care. This includes masks and face coverings, and disinfection protocols.
A review of the safety protocols we have in place:
- All clinic visits will still be appointment-only with our front door locked during business hours.
- Please reschedule if you have any COVID19 symptoms. The current list includes fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
- Please check in from your car. Text or call us from your virtual waiting room. Our front doors will be locked, someone will come get you when your sanitized room is ready.
- Please bring your own masks or face covering. There remains a shortage of PPE (personal protective equipment) so we will not be able to provide you with one. Masks or face coverings are required at all times inside the clinic.
- No extra people in the clinic to maximize social distancing. If you bring someone with you, they must stay in the car unless they are providing a service (ex: caregiver, interpreter, social worker)
- Optomap retinal imaging will be maximally recommended over dilation. It has always been a better view of the retina, better for tracking changes, and is safer during this pandemic by reducing everyone’s person-to-person contact time.
- Every touch surface will be cleaned after every patient encounter, including all eyewear frames.
- The staff will guide you through the clinic safely and gently remind you if there are safety concerns.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to serving all of you in a safe and efficient manner. Keeping everyone safe and healthy while providing the highest quality eye care is our primary goal during these challenging times.
We look forward to serving you with our smiling, but masked, faces!